How to Withdraw Cash from ATMs Without an ATM Card?
Everything you need to know about the Cardless Cash Withdrawal Facility offered by Indian banks.
Frauds and skimming of ATM-cum-debit cards at ATMs has been on the rise in the past few years. State Bank of India, Bank of Baroda and ICICI Bank among a few others have now started offering cardless cash withdrawal facility to help customers withdraw cash securely – without the ATM card.
This is done using the bank’s mobile apps. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Download the bank’s designated mobile app – YONO by SBI, BoB MConnect Plus by Bank of Baroda, iMobile by ICICI Bank and so on
- Tap on the “Cash on Mobile”, “Card-less Cash Withdrawal” or other appropriate option
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw (up to the bank’s withdrawal limit)
- Confirm the transaction and enter your mobile banking PIN
- Use the One-Time Password (OTP) generated by the bank, sent to your registered mobile number, for the transaction at the ATM of the same bank. (Note: The OTP has limited validity. For instance, the OTP from Bank of Baroda is valid only for 15 minutes)
- Collect cash and exit the ATM
The BIG caveat is that you can only use the bank’s own ATM for the cardless cash withdrawal facility. This means you cannot withdraw funds from your SBI account at an ICICI Bank ATM and so on, A problem yes, but not that big really if you think about it.
What are your thoughts on this cardless cash withdrawal facility? Helpful or not?